To successfully graduate from Alliance Piera Barbaglia Shaheen Health Services Academy High School (and all Alliance College-Ready Public Schools), each student must:
- Earn a total of 230 units/credits.
- Take the A-G college preparatory coursework and pass all A-G courses with a grade of C or higher. Of the 230 credits required to graduate, 160 are required A-G credits.
- Core courses offered may be standard, honors or advanced placement.
- Advanced placement courses and exams may be taken on site or online through University of California College Prep (UCCP).
- All courses are transferable to other schools or universities to meet graduation requirements.
Courses that are required for graduation include:
- Counseling and Guidance: 4 years required - 20 credits total
- History/Social Science: 3 years required - 30 credits total
- English/Language Arts: 4 years required - 40 credits total
- Mathematics: 4 years required - 40 credits total
- Laboratory Science: 3 years required - 30 credits total
- Language Other than English: 3 years required - 30 credits total
- Visual and Performing Arts: 1 year required - 10 credits total
- College Preparatory Electives: 3 years required - 30 credits total
- Physical Education: 1 year required - 10 credits total
For more information on the coursework, please contact your grade level counselor.